Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Little Man

Andrew is growing up SO fast, TOO fast!!! I just can't believe how much of a little man he is now. He's not a baby or even a toddler anymore!! He is a preschooler that is looking and acting older every day. I can't believe how tall he is and how old he looks, what he says, what he does, and just how old he is. Did I mention he's getting old? He has grown so much over the summer. We've been measuring him in his closet every 3 months since his 3rd birthday. He's grown about an inch and a half every three months. He has been great at doing things by himself. He gets dressed with shoes and socks, brushes his teeth, cleans his room, picks up toys. That's not to say he always listens, but he's doing pretty good. Most of the time he is helpful with Ella and plays with her. A couple weeks ago I was really sick and could barely get off the couch. Andrew was so grown up; he helped get tissues for me, diapers for Ella, drinks for everyone, played nicely with Ella, helped her. He was such a sweetie. He has become independent in a lot of things, which makes me realize how much he is growing up. He still gives me lots of kisses, hugs, and cuddles, though. I'm not looking forward to the day when he's too old for all that "stuff". Andrew is just such a sweet, kind-hearted little boy that I love so very much. We looked at a photo album of him when he was born and it amazes me how fast time has gone by. That little tiny baby in the hospital that I didn't quite really know yet has grown into a very special, funny, sweet, active little man.

No comments: