This past Tuesday Andrew, Ella, and I made a trip to Walgreens. When I got home, I found a Sponge Bob thermometer in one of the bags. I said, "Oh, Andrew. Mommy didn't want to buy this. Did you put this in the cart?" Andrew replied, "No, I put it in the bag." So sure enough I checked my receipt and there was no Sponge Bob thermometer on my receipt. We hadn't paid for it! Andrew and I had the talk about needing to pay for things before we take them out of the store, to always ask Mommy before putting anything in the cart or bag, etc. He seemed to understand, so hopefully we have no more "shoplifting" experiences!
Friday I took the thermometer back. When I walked through the doors, I walked through at about the same time as another man. The sensors started beeping. He looked at me and said, "How can you shoplift entering a store?" I just smiled and kind of laughed. If he only knew...lol! The Walgreens clerk was super nice about it, though. I explained the story, gave the thermometer back, and she thanked me and appreciated my honesty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment