I haven't done a great job of blogging about all the fun things we've been doing this fall. I want to get something on the blog about everything we did, though, before all the Christmas fun begins. So, here is a quick recap and some pics from this fall. It was really hard only choosing 3-4 photos from each event because I love them all!
Andrew, Ella, and I went to Theis Pumpkinland in Creve Coeur with Stroller Strides. Andrew and Ella had a blast! There was a lot for them to do...straw pyramids to climb on, mazes, pedal tractors, swings, goats, a big pirate ship, and lots more! I think the pirate ship was their favorite. Andrew like climbing down inside to find "treasure" and Ella just liked wearing all the beads. We also got to take a wagon ride around the farm. Of course, I think they mostly had fun playing with all their friends, but they had a lot of cool stuff for them to enjoy. We had a little picnic lunch right before we left.
Andrew, Ella, and I went to Theis Pumpkinland in Creve Coeur with Stroller Strides. Andrew and Ella had a blast! There was a lot for them to do...straw pyramids to climb on, mazes, pedal tractors, swings, goats, a big pirate ship, and lots more! I think the pirate ship was their favorite. Andrew like climbing down inside to find "treasure" and Ella just liked wearing all the beads. We also got to take a wagon ride around the farm. Of course, I think they mostly had fun playing with all their friends, but they had a lot of cool stuff for them to enjoy. We had a little picnic lunch right before we left.
On a Tuesday evening, we went to Boo at the Zoo with Melanie, Tom, Ryleigh, Madison and Carrie, Alex, William, and Carter. It was a beautiful night! Andrew even wore his Diego shorts without getting cold. We had dinner at Lakeside Cafe. Then we headed to the Children's Zoo for an animal/pirate show. We walked around for a while after that and just hung out. There wasn't a whole lot to do, since it was dark and we couldn't see the animals. We did get to ride the carousel. It was fun to get out, enjoy the weather, and spend time with friends.
We went apple picking! Andrew had a field trip scheduled to go to apple picking at Thierbach Orchards in Marthasville. It got canceled twice due to rain. I felt bad because he had been so excited to go apple picking. It took some work, but I convinced Matt to go to Thierbach Orchards on a Saturday afternoon. Trisha and Nathan joined us. The kids had a great time. They had a bounce house, which Andrew and Ella both LOVED. We could hardly get them out to do other stuff. There were a few mazes Andrew enjoyed. He took me through a vine maze and did a great job. There was also a big slide, some chickens & goats, and tricycles to ride. We got to take a wagon ride out to the orchard. We had a great time picking apples. We couldn't keep Andrew and Ella from trying to eat them all, though. Andrew helped Aunt Trisha pick several apples high in the tree. I think Andrew thought it was pretty neat to pick his own apples. And we came home with a lot!
We had a great fall! I'm excited for all the Christmas fun to begin. It's SO much fun watching Andrew and Ella enjoy the holidays. Especially now that they can do so much together. What a joy it is to be a parent!

No comments:
Post a Comment