After selling Stroller Strides (which was almost 3 months ago!), I said I wanted to organize and deep clean the entire upstairs of our house. Well, that hasn't happened yet. I feel like I do everything just to keep the house in order, let alone do any extra organizing or cleaning. (I should note that Andrew no longer naps, so I don't have nap time to be productive.) I originally wanted to organize and deep clean each room one at a time. Then I thought it would be best to organize all the rooms first and then hopefully find a day (or weekend) when we can deep clean the entire house. That way it will be deep cleaned all at the same time.
So, the first thing I need to do is...ORGANIZE! When I say organize, I mean go through everything, get rid of stuff we don't need or use, simplify what we have, and give everything I keep a place of its own. We have TOO much stuff. This is especially true in Andrew and Ella's rooms. I really hope to make it to their rooms before Christmas....before they get lots of new toys. They have so many toys, some of which neither of them have ever played with too much, some they've outgrown (which I might put away for the next baby), and some that they have multiples of. They really do not need as much as they have, especially considering how little other children have. And really it's not all about us having too much stuff; some of it's about not having the stuff very organized. A result of me not attending to the house all that well while trying to be a SAHM and run a business.
My original goal to get all of this complete was by Christmas. Considering Christmas is only a little over a month away, I'm not so sure that will be possible. But I am going to really start working on it next week and see how far I get. I do have a little bit of ahead start...I organized under both bathroom sinks and the hall closet (which was really bad!) this week. Let the organizing begin!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment