We had a busy, but fun weekend! On Friday night, Rob and Katie came over to play games. It was the first time in a long time that I played games and actually got to visit without taking care of kids or working on Stroller Strides. They didn't end up leaving until 12:30. It was really fun. The bad part is that I don't get to sleep in the next morning if I stay up late, so I was pretty tired the next day. I tried to take a nap, but little Gabriella wasn't very cooperative.
Saturday was Matt's birthday. We stayed home in the morning with the kids. We played downstairs with Andrew and took a walk. I took the kids to my mom's for a while because Melanie and Ryleigh were over there. When I got home, the house was completely straightened up and vacuumed!! I was amazed. Matt had cleaned the house - on his birthday! Saturday night my mom watched Andrew and Ella, and Matt and I went to Red Lobster. Other than their delicious biscuits, I'm not a big fan of Red Lobster, so we rarely go there. Matt has been wanting to go for a while, so he picked it for his birthday since I couldn't say anything about it. It was a nice, quiet dinner. We definitely need to take more dates with just the two of us.
Sunday Matt's dad had a birthday party for him. A lot of his extended family were there - aunts, uncles, cousins. It was the first time a lot of them saw Ella. It was nice to see everyone and show them Ella. I let Andrew skip his nap so we could be there on time, which I never do. I figured since it was Matt's birthday I would just let him. He was really good, though. Matt and Andrew swam almost the entire time! Needless to say, Andrew was asleep within 2 minutes of getting in the car. It was 6:30 when he fell alseep. When we got home, I put his pajamas on and put him to bed. He didn't wake up until a little after 7:00 and that was after I opened his door. He must have been exhausted! I know he had a great time being outside and swimming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment