Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Stroller Strides First Birthday

This month marks one year since I held the Grand Opening for my Stroller Strides franchise in St. Louis. Today we had our birthday class and party. Class was a lot of fun; we did birthday themed games during our toning and cardio stations. After class, we had bagels and fruit and hung out and had fun. I had a great time! It makes me realize what all my hard work has accomplished. It has been great to see the babies grow, the friendships some of the moms have formed, and how much of a community it has become for many of the moms. I have met some amazing moms and Andrew has a great time playing with his friends. As hard as it has been for me to find a balance between work and family, I know that starting Stroller Strides was the right thing to do. If I hadn't started it, many of the moms would have never met each other. I love teaching classes. It makes me feel good to encourage other moms to take care of themselves.

I think reaching my one year mark has energized me again. It has really made me realize what Stroller Strides is all about and has made me excited to start a 2nd year. I definitely have learned from mistakes I made this past year, but I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of it. I am ready to get out there, teach great classes, share the program with even more moms, and start fresh!

No comments: