Sunday, July 20, 2008

Can I Have a Clean House?

Before we had kids, Matt and I cleaned our house almost every weekend together. Granted we had a small two bedroom apartment so it was easy to clean. But even when we lived in Hazelwood we cleaned it fairly often. Or I should say I cleaned it often. For some reason, the longer we are married the less Matt cleans, but that's an entire post in itself. Anyway, when we did clean our house before kids, it stayed clean for quite a while. Now when I clean house it's messy in an hour. All it takes is one meal, one bath, one hour with Andrew awake and the house is a mess again. I just wish that the house could stay clean for one day after I clean it. I don't clean house every weekend anymore because it is just not worth it and I don't have the time. I feel like it's never ending. And it's impossible to clean when Andrew is around because he follows behind me making a mess. I know all the moms out there know exactly how I feel! I guess I shouldn't complain and be thankful for the mess. Or at least get use to the mess because I have a feeling it's going to be around for the next 18 years.

2 comments:

Dianna said...

Oh how I remember those same feelings. Do you remember me complaining about it? Take a little advice from your mom. Don't worry about the house. Just enjoy this time in your family because before you know it those babies will be in school and running around with their friends and then you will have time to clean your house. Love ya lots, MOM

Melanie said...

Oh how I know that feeling all to well. It's a full time job in itself and it never ends, ever!! I decided that I just need a housekeeper. I would take one like Berta on Two and Half Men!!