Sunday, July 20, 2008

New from Ella

Ella is growing so fast. Here are some new things she is doing:

- A couple weeks ago Ella had a small giggle when Matt was talking to her. But I would consider her first laugh last night in the bathtub. She kept making this noise and at first I couldn't tell if it was a laugh or a cough, but by the end of bath time Matt and I could tell it was a laugh. She sounds so cute. She's so happy and smiley.

- I had Ella propped up on a pillow today as I was folding laundry and playing with her. I started to do peek a boo with one of her blankets and she loved it. She would smile every time I showed my face. I kind of startled her one time, but then she got a big smile on her face. I'm not sure she gets the concept of peek a boo; I think she just likes it when she sees me. But with all her smiling, laughing, and liking peek a boo at such a young age, I am guessing she is going to be quite the social butterfly.

- While Ella was propped up on the pillow today she also begin lifting her head off the pillow. She could get her head, neck, and some of her shoulders all the way off the pillow. I couldn't believe it. It's amazing how strong they become in such little time.

- Ella has always sucked on her hand, but recently she has been getting either her thumb or forefinger in her mouth and just sucks away. She does it when she's awake and in a playful mood. I don't think she really does it to comfort herself when she's sleepy or anything. Matt sucked his forefinger as a child, so that must be where she gets it from.

I think those are the main things. She changes everyday. I can't remember it going by this fast with Andrew. She is such a sweetie.

1 comment:

Dianna said...

Yes babies just grow up too fast. She is a happy baby like her mommy was. Grammy