Thursday, July 31, 2008

Who Needs Sleep?

With two kids and running a business, I haven't gotten much sleep lately. Actually, I think Andrew and Gabriella get together and figure out ways to make sure I don't get very much sleep. They don't ever seem to sleep in on the same days or on the right days. On days that I don't have to get up for Stroller Strides, Andrew is up by 6:00. On our Stroller Strides days when I need to be up by 6:15 at the latest, Andrew sleeps until 7:00 or later. And if Andrew happens to sleep in a little, Gabriella is up at 6:00 or 6:15. Really 6:00 wouldn't be that bad if I was able to sleep through the whole night, but Gabriella is still waking me up one or two times during the night. I don't take naps very often (even though they are very tempting) because the kids' nap time is my work time. But if I am really tired, I will try to lay down for a little while. Key word is try. Again, Andrew and Ella somehow work together on this. They will both be asleep, so I'll lay down. Ella will wake up and I'll get her back to sleep. I'll lay down again and 5-10 minutes later guess who wakes up - Andrew! These kids really do not want me sleeping. I am so tired and it is making me look old. I am going to try to do some sleep training with Ella to get her to sleep on her own a little better (more about this in a few days), so hopefully that will help.

On a positive note, Matt did wake up with Andrew this morning, so I got to sleep in until 7:15. And, yes 7:00 or 7:30 is sleeping in for me!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh I here you on this one!! Ryleigh has decided that sleep isn't important at all. Her naps are short, she doesn't want to go to sleep at night and she has decided that 4:30 am is the pefect time to start her day. It's been going on for several days in a row! I can now say I have lost my patience with her and this morning she cried on and off in her crib from 5 - 6:45 and I didn't go in one time. I haven't noticed if I am looking old because I am too darn crabby to care!! If momma doesn't get any sleep, she gets CRABBY!!! And that is the kind way of putting it. I decided that motherhood equals a walking zombie.
I was actually going to post a rant about Ryleigh not sleeping later today! So it was funny to see yours up there.

Dianna said...

Just to let you & Melanie know I have never heard of anyone dying from sleep depravation, ha!! Just remember the day will come when you won't remember any of this. Love ya both - MOM

Melanie said...

Mom, you never know! It could happen and you know if it could happen it would happen to me!! We all know what I am like when I don't get any sleep! ha!

Sarah said...

No one may have died from sleep depravation, but I'm sure someone has been driven to the looney bin :)!