Monday, August 18, 2008

Andrew's Pillow Fetish

In the last month, Andrew has developed a pillow fetish. It's not just any pillow, though, it's daddy's pillow (or mommy's pillow because he thinks it's daddy's since it has the same pillow case). He carries the pillow all around the house and HAS to sleep with it (or he throws a fit). Daddy does not like for him to drag his pillow around, but I could care less because I can use a different pillow, so I usually have to trick him with my pillow. Or I just make sure that Daddy's pillow is put up by the time he gets home. (Good thing he doesn't read this blog.) He gets very upset if he cannot have the pillow when he takes a nap or goes to bed for the night. He will cry until he gets it. Other than Tigger, Andrew has never had a lovey or blanket that he had to have with him or had to sleep with. I am pretty sure that it is the pillow case that he likes so much. I wanted to wash our sheets one day and Andrew got very upset that I was taking the pillow case off the pillow. I finally got it off by convincing him to help me put it in the washer so it could get clean. He was fine with that until nap time when he ran to the washer yelling "Daddy pillow, Daddy pillow". Of course, I hadn't had the chance to put it in the dryer, so it was not dry. He was very upset. Whatever it is about Daddy's pillow, Andrew loves it!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

That is too cute! I love it when they get attached to something! Ryleigh loves her dolls and stuffed animals. She has favorites, but mostly just likes to make sure she has one of them with her at all times.

The best part is about Matt's pillow and putting it away before he gets home! That is too funny!!