Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Goodness of Older Cousins

I am sure the best part of having older cousins for Andrew (and Ella one day) is getting to play with the "big kids". The best part for me, though, is having someone that volunteers and actually wants to come over and play with Andrew. My 12 year old nephew, Dennis, came over yesterday to play with Andrew, so I could clean my house. I got a lot done without having Andrew by my side! And Andrew had a great time. He and Dennis played downstairs, watched Winnie the Pooh, and played trains. I think Andrew thinks it's pretty cool to have someone older to play with. And I certainly can't complain about having a few hours to get something done.

Oh, I forgot Dennis was trying to teach Andrew how to make farting sounds with his under arm...maybe there are some drawbacks to older cousins :).

No comments: