Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hugs and "Da"

I know that Gabriella has no idea what a hug is, but she has been hugging me. Or at least that is what I am calling it. She puts her little arms on the sides of my neck and squeezes all while she is putting her face on my upper chest. It really feels like she is reaching her little arms around me and hugging me. It's the best feeling in the world even though I know she isn't doing it intentionally. It is so sweet!

Gabriella also said her first consonant - d. We were practicing "ma ma" and "da da" and it really sounded like she said "da". I know she's really young, but Matt and I both heard it. Andrew was 9 months old when he said his first consonant. I think that is another sign that Ella is going to be talker! And, of course, Daddy was all over "da" being the first one she said :)! That's okay; Andrew's first word was "Ma Ma".

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Way to Ella!! You are just growing so fast!!

Sounds like you will be a talker like Ryleigh. Your mommy may be leaving you at my house! Your mommy isn't much of a talker, but your Aunt Melanie is and so is cousin Ryleigh, so you will fit in just fine at our house!