Thursday, August 21, 2008

Jesus Watches Over You

Andrew has been acting a little scared at night when we put him to bed. He has to have at least 3-4 pillows and 3-4 blankets. He surrounds his entire self with pillows and blankets so that his whole body is covered and his head is barely sticking out. He also points to the window and says "rain". I'm guessing he's trying to tell us that he's scared because we know he gets scared when it storms. I'm not sure. He has also turned on his light a couple times, once during the night and once before he fell asleep. Both times he was still in his bed sleeping, but he had gotten up to turn on his light and lock his door. He just acts really hesistant and tries to stall bedtime as much as possible. He never cries or comes out of his room, but he seems scared. It's really sad and I'm not sure what to do.

The other night after he had turned on his light, I went into his room, laid him back down, sang him a song, and talked to him about Jesus watching over him. I told him that Jesus is always watching over him and keeping him safe while he sleeps and that he has nothing to be scared of because Jesus will protect him. The next morning when I went into his room to wake him up, he pointed to the ceiling right above his room and said "Jesus". Now when he lays down for a nap or bedtime, he always points up there and says "Jesus". I guess he knows that Jesus is watching over him. Hopefully that helps him not be scared.

1 comment:

Dianna said...

Andrew you must always remember that Jesus is watching over you and keeping you safe. Love, Grammy