Yesterday was our first day of potty training! Andrew did okay for his first day. We started the day with 3 accidents and then finally on the 4th time he went pee on the potty. Once he went, he did great every time we sat on the potty. He didn't always go, but he tried. If he had to go in between the times that we sat on the potty, though, he went in his underwear, except for one time. I was making lunch and I heard him say "pee pee" and he ran back to the bathroom. I followed him and he sat on the potty but didn't take his underwear down, so I hurried and pulled them down for him and he went! I was amazed that he did it all by himself on the 1st day! Five minutes after that, he came to me and said "poo poo". Unfortunately, he meant that he had already gone poo poo in his underwear. I had my MNO for Stroller Strides last night, so it was up to daddy to do the potty training last night. Daddy said he went on the potty 2 times and had no accidents. At the end of the day, he had wet in 6 pairs of underwear and pooped in 1. (I did laundry last night because that's all he had.) The good part is that he also went on the potty about 6-7 times. I loaded him up with juice, water, and milk yesterday so he would have pee when he sat on the potty, if you are wondering why he peed so much. I was pretty happy with the first day.
That makes today our 2nd day of potty training, and Andrew is doing GREAT!! We sat on the potty first thing this morning and nothing came out. So awhile later we sat again and still nothing. Then he came to me saying "off" and pointing to his underwear. I hurried and took them off and he ran to the potty and went pee. I was so happy that he told me! Soon after that he did have a very small accident in his underwear. It was hardly anything. He went pee once more during our potty sitting. Then after we finished lunch, he said "poo poo". We ran to the bathroom and he wanted to sit on the big toliet, so I let him. He sat there and he pushed hard and he went poo poo on the potty!!! We called Grammy right away to tell her. While I was on the phone, he went pee on the potty all by himself, except he didn't pull his underwear down. I cannot believe he is doing this well for his 2nd day! I did not expect it to be this easy. Hopefully, it continues down the same path.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment