Thursday, January 19, 2012

Berenstain Bears

I have two funny stories from Andrew about Berenstain Bears books. These both happened several months ago, but I didn't want to forget them. I loved Berenstain Bears when I was a kid and kept all my books. I now enjoy reading them to my kids! Andrew and I were reading one about helping out around the house. In the book, it shows how hard Mama Bear works and all the things she does. It went through all the typical things moms do....cleaning, dusting, cooking, dishes, etc. Andrew said to me, "Mom, you are busy too. Those are all the things you do. Daddy's busy too. He's busy playing golf." I wasn't sure if I should laugh or not, but at least Andrew noticed! =) As a side note, in the book, Mama Bear decides to take a week off and relax. Papa Bear and the cubs notice and start chipping in a lot more. If only that would really happen, I would totally do it. But I have a feeling it would take me two weeks to recover from the one week I took off.

For the next one, I need to first write about a little bike accident Andrew had. He was riding a bike at my mom's house. There is a hill leading down to her house (if you are on the hill and keep going, you'd run in to her house). Andrew likes to ride his bike down the hill and usually he turns just fine and stays on the road. Well, one time he didn't. He started down the hill, not sure what happened, but he didn't turn. He went right over the hump, bounced along in the bumpy grass, and hit the house. Thankfully, he wasn't hurt. Once I knew he wasn't hurt, it was kind of hard not to laugh because it was pretty funny to watch. If we had it on tape, it would definitely make it onto Funniest Home Videos. Several weeks after the accident, Andrew and I were reading a Berenstain Bears book about Brother Bear getting a new bike. Papa Bear wanted to teach Brother Bear how to ride it, except it seemed that Papa Bear somehow did everything he was trying to teach Brother Bear not to do. After finishing the book, Andrew said to me (seriously), "That's what I was trying to do. I was trying to teach Ryleigh what she shouldn't do." I quickly remembered the bike accident and realized what he was talking about. Too funny!

No comments: