This past summer we bought season passes to the Washington Town and Country Fair. We had SO much fun as a family! Though it did take place on one of the hottest weeks of the summer! It was crazy HOT! The kids and I enjoyed it together in the mornings during the week. They had the kiddie rides open from 10-12. The lines were always short and the kids loved it. They could have ridden those rides 100 times and still had fun. In the evenings, we went as a family. We watched the rodeo and MotoCross. The kids really enjoyed both! During bull riding at the rodeo, when the first bull rider came out, Ella's face was priceless. She had no idea what was about to happen and I think she was in shock. Andrew LOVED MotoCross. They had so many activities to do. It was like a vacation at home for us. Other than the heat, we had such a great time as a family.
MotoCross was probably Andrew's favorite. He had a great time watching it and was really getting into it. Ella just always looked for a rider with purple or pink and cheered for her/him. There was some questionable weather that night, but it passed over us and left a double rainbow as the background. It was really cool.
The kids each got to play 3 games over the course of our time at the fair. They both won little stuffed dogs at the dart game. Here they went fishing and Ella won a Dora beach ball and Andrew won a blow up guitar.

Daddy and Ella on the big roller coaster. Ella wasn't quite tall enough for this ride, but we tried it any way and they didn't check her. Andrew wouldn't ride it, but Ella really wanted to. You could definitely tell she was a little scared once it started though. Andrew wanted to ride it once he saw Ella ride (and survive), so he and I rode it together.

Andrew and Ella on their last ride of the season. They had a blast and wore themselves out every day there!
The corn, soybean, and wheat play areas were definitely a favorite. I think there was only one day we didn't play in them. The kids could have stayed there all day. Luke had a great time there, too. It was one of the only things he could do outside his stroller, since he wasn't walking at the time.


The velcro wall was fun!


I entered Andrew in the pig scramble and pedal tractor pull. He ended up not doing the pig scramble. We went, stood in line, and he refused to do it. I figured it was because he was scared. Later he told us he didn't want to put his tag on with the safety pins because he didn't want holes in his favorite shirt. I think it may have been a little of both. =)
He did do the pedal tractor pull, though. He pulled it 37.5 feet.
He did do the pedal tractor pull, though. He pulled it 37.5 feet.
I can't remember everything we did, but I know there were a lot of rides and agri-land. Other things included, bounce maze, looking at the livestock, getting cotton candy and a funnel cake, petting zoo, and watching the circus. I would definitely love to do it again!




No comments:
Post a Comment