Monday, January 16, 2012

A Proud Mommy Moment

When we have steering meetings for MOPS, there are usually 2 or 3 people who watch our kids while we have our meeting. This past summer, we had a meeting and there were a few teen girls watching all the kids. Luke doesn't do well when I leave him places, so I knew he would probably cry. He was also becoming quite the climber at the time and the kids are in a big area of the church with slides and things to climb on. When I dropped him off, I let them know he would try to climb on everything and may need to be watched closely since there were a lot of older kids that could knock him off. Luke of course started crying as soon as I put him down. I asked Ella to stay with Luke and play with him until he stopped crying so he would know he had one familiar person there with him. Sweet, motherly Ella took her job very seriously!

When I came to pick them up, Luke was in an exersaucer inside the hallway. (I'm guessing they put him in there because he was climbing on everything, but he really didn't like those things.) Ella was sitting next to him in a little chair that she had to of taken out of one of the rooms and pulled up next to Luke by herself. So sweet! They were the only two in the hallway. The door to get in was locked so I was waiting for someone to go around. Ella and Luke didn't know I was watching. Ella was just sitting in her chair playing with Luke. Luke started to cry and she immediately leaned over to hug him, pat him on his back, and tell him it was okay. It was so sweet! It actually brought tears to my eyes. We praised Ella for taking such good care of her baby brother. She chose to be with him and sit with him instead of playing with the other kids. (Andrew said he was playing with Luke too until "the boys needed him". Too funny. Just shows the difference between boys and girls.)

No comments: