Day 2 of the challenge was not yelling at my kids. I do yell sometimes. I don't like it, but I do. I try not to, but sometimes it just happens. If I yell too loud, I do try to apologize to my kids. Not yelling is actually something I want to work on as a daily thing. The hardest thing...getting my kids' attention, mostly Andrew's. Sometimes it seems that the only way I can get Andrew to even acknowledge I exist is by raising my voice. But I'm working on it. So how did today go?
It went pretty well. We had a good day, so I didn't even really feel a need to yell that much. This morning I did yell Andrew's name as he was running away from me, but was quickly reminded that I wasn't supposed to do that today! The only other time is when I yelled "That's hot!" as Luke went to grab my hair straightener....though that's not necessarily the yelling I'm trying to work on not doing. I'm sure I will yell again in the future, but hopefully the occasion will be rare. I'm not saying I yell at my kids all day every day...I certainly don't. But there are times (probably at least once a day) I raise my voice...again mostly to get their attention.
Tomorrow should be easy. It's about hugging and I do hug my kids a lot. It's hard not to!
Tomorrow should be easy. It's about hugging and I do hug my kids a lot. It's hard not to!

No comments:
Post a Comment