We spent a beautiful fall Sunday on a day trip to Elephant Rock State Park and Johnson's Shut-In State Park. We had a fabulous day together!! The weather was perfect, the scenery was gorgeous, the kids were well behaved (easy to do when there aren't many restrictions being outside), it was quiet, and we really enjoyed each other. It was almost perfect....except Andrew did puke in the car. I wouldn't have put that in our day, but it wasn't too bad. He got car sick going from Elephant Rocks to Johnson's Shut Ins. We quickly cleaned him up and were able to enjoy the rest of our day. Oh yeah, we did have one meltdown from Ella, but we were definitely pushing the no nap time slot.
We went to Elephant Rocks first. I hadn't been since I was a kid and didn't remember how cool it was. The kids loved loved being outside and climbing on all the rocks. There were so many little holes to climb in to, through crevices, up and down. Andrew was definitely in his element. I didn't like the crevices and small spaces all that much! A few of my claustrophobia dreams were coming true. The scenery was absolutely beautiful. The pictures don't do it justice. We went during a great time of the year. Here are a few pics:
We went to Elephant Rocks first. I hadn't been since I was a kid and didn't remember how cool it was. The kids loved loved being outside and climbing on all the rocks. There were so many little holes to climb in to, through crevices, up and down. Andrew was definitely in his element. I didn't like the crevices and small spaces all that much! A few of my claustrophobia dreams were coming true. The scenery was absolutely beautiful. The pictures don't do it justice. We went during a great time of the year. Here are a few pics:




We spent a couple hours climbing the rocks and then stopped and had a picnic lunch. The kids were pretty hungry. We ventured out to another part of Elephant Rocks for a while and then headed to Johnson's Shut-Ins.

The water was REALLY cold! Luke felt it for about 2 minutes and then I didn't let him back in. Ella really wanted to be in the water, but she just couldn't take the cold. I don't blame her. I didn't want in the water either! It didn't phase Andrew, though. He was having a great time, wanted to climb through all the rocks, go in the deeper sections. Ella, Luke, and I walked around while Daddy and Andrew made their way to the end of all the shut ins.



I think this could become an annual trip for us. It was a perfect place for the whole family to enjoy. Matt had also been working a lot and had been really stressed out, so it was very nice to spend time together as a family!

No comments:
Post a Comment