Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sweet Notes

The first day of my 30 day mom challenge was to write a sweet note for each of my kids. I wasn't sure the kids were really old enough to appreciate the note, but after writing one today, I think it is something I should do more often. Andrew was so excited that I wrote him a note. He couldn't wait to read it. We read it together at bed time. As soon as I started, he let out a big smile and kept it the whole time. When I was done, he gave me a big hug. So sweet! I definitely saw that it made him feel good! Ella thought it was pretty special too. I don't think she really got it until I started reading it. She gave me a big hug too and wanted to sleep with it. I tell them the things I wrote in their letters pretty regularly, but I guess they just thought it was special I wrote it on paper. Luke really didn't have any idea. =)

Here are the letters:

To My Favorite Buddy Andrew-
I am so proud of you! You have excelled in school in so many ways. I amazed at how much you have learned. Every night when you read me a book, my hear smiles. You are growing up fast! You are a sweet boy who has a heart for others. I love you very much and think you are special. Always keep your fun spirit.
Love, Mom

To My Beautiful Princess Ella-
I love you very much and really enjoy our time together. You are a thoughtful, smart, caring, creative, fun little girl. You can always make me smile. I am proud of who you are. You have a great determination and a sweet heart. I love watching you take care of Luke. You are beautiful inside and out.
Love, Mom

To My Little Lukey Bear-
You are a sweet, sweet baby! And such a little ham. You will do anything goofy to get others to laugh. I can watch you over and over with a smile on my face. Such a happy, care free, sweet little guy. I love you very much! I love watching your personality blossom. You give lots of love, hugs, and kisses, and I love it!
Love, Mom

These were just short and sweet notes to read to them. Hopefully over the next couple weeks when I get to write each of their individual posts, I can go more into depth on how each of them are doing.

Tomorrow, Day 2 - Go the whole day without yelling at your children. This will be a tough one, but I can do it. =)

No comments: